Tuesday, May 25, 2010

E is for...Emotional Eating!

Ahhh, emotional eating. It's like an unnatural human instinct (well for some us, anyway). The kids at school drive you crazy. Your dog pees on the floor. The mailman didn't deliver your monthly Glamour subscription. You lost the graded papers you need to put into your gradebook. Nobody did their homework...for a test grade.
Do you immediately think, "man I really do not feel like eating/I feel like eating fruit/dry bran cardboard/lean cuisine?
If you do, then you would not understand emotional eating.
Emotional eating is the Big Mac. the fries. Raisin' Canes. Mooyah Burger. Anything fried. anything that contains the words "ice cream". For me, it's anything that contains the words "fast food."
Emotional eaters can come up with any reason to celebrate or commiserate with one of the above. You had a great day- better top off my emotional food bank with something delicious. I deserve it. You had a bad day- I need something IN my emotional food bank, so I deserve this.
We have a problem.
But it's time we face it.
sometimes you're emotional, and the only thing that can fix it is the honey chipotle chicken crispers from Chili's.
Embrace Emotional Eating
I have. and 9 out of 10 times, it works. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment