Tuesday, March 23, 2010

D is for...Dress Shopping!

Yes my friends, the newly engaged blogger (see previous entry) has already gone shopping for and purchased her wedding dress! Now, unfortunately, I can't describe the dress in detail (see all the d's?!) because certain people (fiance!) may read this and that might very well ruin the surprise! But what I can tell you about was the great experience I had at First of all, the store is adorable. It is in Addison Circle, and is nestled in a little village of sorts. The inside is decked out in black plush carpet and pink and black and white accents with sparkly things galore (speaking my language here!). Brides get one on one service and it makes you feel like a princess. The fun thing too is that this is an off-the-rack store, meaning that you can buy the dress off the rack and take it home with you that day. I had tried on merely 3 dresses in the beautiful full length three-sided mirror atop a pedestal before I knew I'd found THE DRESS. I could SEE myself getting married in it, and my tears of joy confirmed it (it may sound silly...but those of you who've been through it know!). It was truly a special day with my momma and my maid of honor, and I will never forget it. Maybe in a later entry I can post photos AFTER the ceremony! :) stay tuned!

1 comment: