Sunday, February 21, 2010

B is for...Bad Behavior

Some of you might find this one a bit funny. SO, I'm on this sleep medicine...(more like a drug, let's call it what it is). Now, as a preface to this story, my mom has been taking sleep drugs for some time now, and she has been on the more potent Ambien while I have been taking the Lunesta. Well, the jokes have always been about the crazy things people (and yes, my mom) have done while taking Ambien. When I was prescribed the Lunesta, I thought oh there's no way I'll be like my mom or anything like that....
Here are a couple of ways that I have behaved badly under the influence.
1. First noticed that walking around on Lunesta is a challenge. Fell on the floor.
2. Lunesta effects can come on very suddenly, so if I'm in conversation, I repeat things and start slurring. I also answer imaginary questions.
3. After having conversations, I was unable to remember parts.
4. Fell asleep fully clothed and with lights on. Twice.
5. and this is where it starts to get fun...downloaded/purchased 8 ringtones for my iPhone to assign to certain people in my phone. Did not recall doing this until 24 hours later. The damage was over 10$.
6. Downloaded some free apps. Discovered this two nights later.
7. Last night, I downloaded two game apps for the iPhone. Damage 5$.

My bad behavior alludes to the fact that I have become less skilled at remembering what goes on during intoxication in the days that follow, as well as spending money on the iPhone that I would probably not have an easy time of spending if I were not drugged. Lesson being- sleeping drugs, trippy also, keep iPhone out of reach.

Might like to know also....this was written under the influence of Lunesta. typos=void.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Allie. This is great. And important tip for anyone who starts taking sleeping medication - keep phone away, could be detrimental.

    Is it bad that I already don't remember certain conversations if I'm really sleepy?

    ReplyDelete